Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi my status is student in the Uk I want to switch to entrepreneur

Hi my status is student in the Uk I want to switch to entrepreneur visa
Please I don't understand what does this mean

If you have access to no less than £50,000 funds from:
one or more registered venture capitalist firms regulated by the Financial Services,
one or more registered UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions which is listed as endorsed by the UKTI, or
one or more UK Government Departments, and made available by the Department(s) for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business.

What is the requirement to apply for this visa
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Can you tell me what funds you have access to and where these are and I shall advise?

Thanks
Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have £50 000 in my Account in Barclays bank UK
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Ok.

Where did this money come from?

How was it generated?

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I received the money from my wife she has a limited company in UK she is on a student dependent visa and the money is on my saving account in the UK

My question is what does this mean

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Still waiting for an answer
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, for some reason your replies did not display.

The criteria is there as a small concession to those persons who are entrepreneurs in the sense that they either work with a venture capital firm who have made funds available to one of their staff who is instructed to work in the UK on those markets OR for persons who have obtained funding from the UK government as part of their policy of helping new business OR for persons associated with companies who are approved by the UK Trade and Investment department of the governement.

If these do not apply to you then I'm afraid you would not qualify under this specific set of criteria.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi regarding to your answers for person who associate with companies who are approved by the UK trade and investment department of the government

What does this mean please