Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Question - If I married my Philippino Fiancee in the Philippines

Question:- If I married my Philippino Fiancee in the Philippines - Would she be allowed to travel to England using her single Named Passport and Ticket - Would this be alright to use - coming through Customs and Immergration ??
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Would she be entering the UK to settle permanently as your wife?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Are you aware that she must first obtain a spouses visa by applying.g for settlement?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She has already obtained a Fiancee`s Visa - Will she have to change this Visa ??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it possiable for you to give me an idea how long my NEW wife would have to wait to obtain a Spouse Visa - Approxamate length of time would help
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
A fiancee visa is for the purpose of coming to the UK to marry, not for after having married in the Philippines.

Is this what she has?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was planed for her to come to England and then marry - BUT she has a large family out there and thought we would marry before coming back here.

I am flying out on the 19th May and returning on the 3rd June ( Dose not give us much time ) I was hoping to get everything sorted whilst out there, Do you think I need more time to have her arrange everything before I arrive (ie) Visa`s - Cerimony.

Would she be allowed to travel - Using her Single Named Passport ??

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

If you do marry in the Phillipines she can't then use the fiancee visa to travel to the UK because when she applies for a spouses visa (settlement) the UKBA would view her obtaining a fiancee visa as a form of deception. This is taken very serious and could prejudice her chances of securing a spouses visa.

If you marry in the Phillipines she must apply for a spouses visa (settlement) to enable her to return with you. There will not be enough time during the period you have stated you are to be there for you to marry AND apply for a spouses visa though, because the aimed processing time for such application by the UKBA is 6-8 weeks. They also frequernly overrun.

You can prepare the spouses visa appplication ahead of marriage so that she can submit it as soon as you are married to cut the time down but obviously this does not help in terms of her returning to the UK with you.

Once the spouses visa is obtained she can still travel with the passport in her maiden name, there is no restriction on that.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor