Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi Im jozef.Im 30 years old from slovakia.Working and living

Customer Question

Hi Im jozef.Im 30 years old from slovakia.Working and living in england since 2004 October.Now I working at nursing home like care assistant.I meet at workplace chinesse girl and we are in relationship one year already.we would like maried and I woluld like ask what we need to do if we want married here in england,and how long time is will be taken for all documents we need to send.I would like to married at register office because we are different religion.Im catholic and she is budhism.but I think it not problem at register office.And one more question how long before she finished student visa she can doit because her visa is will expire end of september.Thanks for help.jozef.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi

Does she have leave to remain in this country? Ie. A visa

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Actually she dont want leave to china because we are together a one year alredy but she cant stay if visa will be expired.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Hi Josef

At present foreign nationals wishing to marry must apply for a certificate of approval to marry from the UKBA. This requirement shall cease (subject to parliamentary apporval - which it should get) on 9th May 2011 and in reality you would not receive your COA by then in any event.

After 9th May you can marry. Once married she will have to apply for a residence card as the non-eea spouse of an eea citizen. This will take the form of a sticker placed in her passport and shall be valid for 5 years. As slovakia is on the workers registration scheme she will have to submit Form FMRS to the UKBA (available for download from the UKBA website)

She will have to submit her passport, two photographs of you and the further documents listed at section 6 of that form.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello

This requirement shall cease (subject to parliamentary apporval - which it should get) on 9th May 2011 and in reality you would not receive your COA by then in any event.I want to know whats that mean.is that any policy will be change about married