Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Can you tell me if Redwood Design based in Surrey, UK advertising

Can you tell me if Redwood Design based in Surrey, UK advertising is real?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

There is the following company registered with Companies House:-

GU21 5AH
Company No. 07485923

The company was only incorporated on 7th January, so it is either a very nearly completel new company, or a partnership which had been trading early but has now incorporated.

Obviously because of the date of incorporation there are no accounts filed yet.

You can use companies house webheck service to order the Current Appointments report for the sum of £1 which will contain details of general company register information, details of previous names recorded over 20 years, key filing dates, company status details, company officers (excluding business occupation).

On 24th March they changed their registered address to the above from the following:-

M27 4UF

There is no website relevant to the company that I can find to further substantiate.

If there is a particular reason you are suspicious please advise.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I still feel uncertain that they will produce the product for which they are invoicing me.

Claimed I had agreed verbally over the phone to an advertisment in their "Stay safe" booklet to be released in 2 weeks??

Ring me every day demanding payment and am not covinced that they are legitimate?

Have received an email showing proof of advertisement and because initially thought they were ok I sent back suggestions for amendment. I guess this automatically tied me into the contract, did it? Would appreciate your advice please.

Kind regards

Jenny Davies

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jenny,

A contract can be concluded orally, this means that if you agreed to terms on the telephone then you would be bound by them provided they were sufficiently clear.

If you agreed to advertise, there was an agreed price and time/form for when the advert would appear then you will be bound by it.

I would ask them to confirm in an emailed letter on headed paper the terms of the advert. If the adverti does not materialise then you can sue the under the sale of goods/supply of goods & services act via

If you do not pay the money and the company are minded to on the basis that they believe there was a contract then they will sue you.

Trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor