Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I AM AN ALBINO WHO FACE DISCRIMINATION IN MY COUNTRY AND HAS

Customer Question

I AM AN ALBINO WHO FACE DISCRIMINATION IN MY COUNTRY AND HAS NO BODY TO LOOK UP TO FOR HELP AND ALSO I CAN GET JOB EVEN AFTER STRUGGLING TO GO TO SCHOOL BY BEEN A MESSENGER N THE STREET TO PAY MY SCHOOL FEE AND MY CLASS MATE KEEP TELING THAT WHILE ARE MY WASTING MY TIME BECAUSE I WILL NOT GET A JOB AFTER SNOSCHOOL CLAIMING THAT ALL ALBINOS ARE BLIND AND THEY CAN DO ANYTHING IN LIFE AND ALSO WILL DIE EARLY.MORESO, I HAVE FACE A LOTS OF RISK BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE WANT TO KIDDNAPP ME AT EVERY POINT SAYING THAT ALBINOS ARE GOOD FOR RITUALS AND QUICK WEALTH AND THIS PEOPLE WANT TO KIDNAPP ME WHENEVER THEY SEE ME ON THE STREET AND MY LIFE IS NOT SAFE AND THIS IS WHILE I NEED GORVERMENTAL ASSISTANCE
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Are you asking what the procedure is for claiming asylum?

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear sir,
I want to know if there is anyway that i can get help from uk gorverment or if asyllum is still possible because am getting feed up of this life.
Thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi

I will be able to answer in a couple of hours
Kind regards

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

You cannot claim asylum whilst you are in Nigerian. You can only claim asylum once you have arrived in the UK (if you consider that you have a claim).

Claiming Asylum is very difficult. In practice only 19 of 100 applications are actually accepted.

In order to claim asylum you must show that you have a well founded fear of persecution because of:-
 race;
 religion;
 nationality;
 political opinion; or
 membership of a particular social group.

As an albino you would form one of the above. You then have to prove persecution. In order to do this you would have to produce documentary evidence of both the specific times you have been persecuted (eg. Threatened with violence) and that there is a generally culture of persecution against albinos in Nigerian. This could be in the form of newspaper reports, website reports and other forms of reporting.

The more evidence you have that you are at serious risk the more likely it is that you application would be successful. Evidence is the most important thing in asylum applications.

Persecution usually takes the form of some of the following:-
a) an act of physical or mental violence, including an act of sexual
violence;
b) a legal, administrative, police, and/or judicial measure which in itself is discriminatory or which is implemented in a discriminatory manner;
c) prosecution or punishment, which is disproportionate or discriminatory;
d) denial of judicial redress

It is important to make the distinction that you cannot claim asylum simply on the basis of discrimination, you must have been persecuted because you are an Albino – this is different.

If you consider that what you have suffered is persecution, not just simply discrimination, then you need to start collecting evidence of the persecution and start a file to assist your application if and when you eventually come to the UK to claim asylum.

There is information here on claiming asylum once you are here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/

You have my sympathies, it’s must be incredibly difficult for you and I really hope things get better for you.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?
If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.
Please click accept. I cannot work for free.
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what of if am already in the united kingdom........can i get any assistance because of the discrimination i face that is while i don't want to go back to Nigeria and i have documentary evidence.thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Please click accept and I shall then answer.

Please also state where you are at the moment?

Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in the United kigdom atthe moment
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your accept.

Legal Aid is available for asylum seekers. You should contact Asylum Aid about this, they are the biggest asylum charity in the UK:-

http://www.asylumaid.org.uk/

Kind regards,

Tom