Where are you to settle permanently as man and wife following marriage?
Private contact is prohibited I'm afraid. I must reply using this thread.
Can you confirm at least that once married in the UK your wife will leave the UK with you to settle somewhere else (wherever that ends up being).
She will have to apply for a special visitor's visa for the purpose of marriage. Here is a link to the visitor's visa page of the UKBA's visa services website:-
Scan down to the section marked: Special visitors: Visitors coming to get married
The visa will be granted for a period of 6 months in which she shall be permitted to remain here in order to get married. You will also see that the link to the appropriate visa form for this and guidance notes is also available in this section.
She should submit this to the nearest UK embassy.
Please kindly click accept. You will be free to ask follow up questions.
Page ten of the application form itself lists a number of documents that you must submit. There is no exhaustive list that you should submit, since each case is different and your particular details may mean that you need to submit documentary evidence to prove a particular part of the form.
She will though have to submit:-
1. Her passport.
2. Evidence of her leave to remain in the country from which the application is made (eg. Norway if it is to be Norway)
3. Documentary evidence of how you are to pay for the trip, so bank statements from the previous year for you both showing the funds available to you both during your stay evidencing the fact that you will not require access to public funds during your stay.
4. Criminal records if she has committed a crime
5. Evidence of her continuing obligations where she is living (or to live following marriage). For example, evidence of continuing employment (eg. contract of employment, letter from her employer), accommodation (tenancy agreement, land title deeds) and responsibilities
5. Divorced decree if she has been married before
6. Evidence that she intends to leave the UK after marriage, flight tickets or onward travel information
7. Statements from you both confirming your plans to marry, full details, and your plans following marriage (ie. that you are to become resident in some other country to settle
8. Evidence that you are in fact to get married (booking of a venue for marriage, correspondence between you, evidence of invitations to the wedding.
I trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).