Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My wife in PSW visa expires in feb 2011. and my PSW visa expires

Customer Question

My wife in PSW visa expires in feb 2011. and my PSW visa expires in August 2011. Can i apply for a dependent visa as a husband. what are the requirements.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Can you please reconfirm when your wife's visa expires, you have stated that it expires before yours.

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, her visa expires in Feb 2013. and i mentioned we already married but we are not. We have a plan to marry in UK. Could you tell me what are the documents do i require before i marry her in UK. I am maintaining funds £800 in my bank account from 1st January 2011. She also maintaining £800 funds from last 5 months. Can i apply for a Dependency visa after marriage. Are there any rules changing from April 2011 for a PSW dependent visa.
Once again sorry for my first question but the above information in correct.
Thank you

Regards,
Avi
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

As neither of you are British National you will both require a Certificate of Approval for marriage so that you can marry each other here. You should apply for this immediately because it can take some time, even though they state they aim to complete all applications within 20 days.

Once you have the COA you can marry. Here is the link to the page on the UKBA website giving all the information you require in order to apply for and obtain a COA:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while-in-uk/marriageandcivilpartnership/documents/#header2

Once you are married you can then apply to become a dependent of your wife. Here is the link to the relevant page on the UKBA website where you can find all the necessary information to make the application.

If you subsequently choose to re-switch to another visa category under the points based system then you will need to leave the UK and make an application from your home country.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the answer. Still i have two questions to ask.

1. Can you send me a web link gives the information about documents required for PSW dependent visa ?
2. Are there any visa rules changing from April 2011 for the PSW dependency visas?

Thank you
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Here is the link to the web page for dependents and you will see links to the appropriate forms:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier1/poststudy/dependantapplications/

You will be able to switch despite the change in rules but once you wife's psw expires she will have to switch in to another visa category because PSW are ceasing.

Thanks for your accept.

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
You're welcome