Thanks for your reply.
It's more complicated than that I'm afraid. I think you're referring to a visitor's visa, which you can obtain by using a letter of invitation.
In order for your partner to come here, marry here and then settle permanently you will have to apply for a fiance visa.
Once married he would then have to apply for a spouses visa (settlement). Two applications, two application fees.
The eligibility criteria is largely similar for both applications
- You plan to marry within 6 months of her arriving here (egg. statements from you and others, possibly a booking of a church/venue)
- You plan to live permanently together here (statements, correspondence)
- You have met each other before (eg. statements from you both and others, correspondence)
- You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income, evidence of jobs available that your husband could do)
- You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
- That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)
Your partner will also have to pass and english language test showing they have a basic command of spoken and listening English. Your partner can find out approved test providers in their area by contacting the UK embassy nearest to them.
You will need to apply for fiance/spouses visa using form VAF4 which is available for download from the UKBA website
The above is taken to mean that you shall not claim any more benefits than that which you already claim and it helps if you can give them evidence of the type of jobs your fiance would be able to do to support you both when they are here. You should submit job advertisements for jobs they can do in your area.
You should consider instructing a immigration solicitor to prepare an application for you. You can find local solicitors via:-
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.