Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

half moon holding have phoned me and offord to buy my holiday

half moon holding have phoned me and offord to buy my holiday membership but want me to give them a £1000.00 to do the paperwork
IS THIS A SCAM
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Do they purport to be a UK limited company? Please give their full company name if so.

Have they sent you any paperwork at all, or do they propose to do this after the transfer of monies?

Do they have a website?

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

they are based in malaga zip code 29740 and want the money before they send the paperwork

contact name rebeca barns phone no XXXXXXXXXXX /p>

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Right. Thanks for your reply.

The phone number was redacted by the Moderators because private contact is prohibited.

Is it a UK or Spanish number?

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the number is XXXXX to go through to spain
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Okay.

It is obviously a bit difficult to be definitive but you should not the following:-

1. There is no website for them that I can see. There was, but it has been taken down. Not a good sign.

2. That they have asked for money straightaway, again, is not a good sign, it is highly irregular in fact. Brokers always send contractual papers and supporting literature to you if they are credible. You do not transfer money without know the contractual implications and a reputable broker/agent would appreciate that fact and proceed accordingly.

Personally, I would cease communication with the company on the basis of 2 above. If you wish to investigate further their offer I would request that full details are forwarded with their standard Agreement and supporting literature. I would also ask them to confirm the legal status of their operation - is it a company, if so provide registration details, or is it a partnership or other. Request full details, if they are a scam they will probably stop bothering you at that point.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom