Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i married my husband last year in cairo after following all

i married my husband last year in cairo after following all insructions from british embassy there including the use of an interpreter and finally 700 uk pounds to apply for a visa for him to come here to me.I am a PROFESSIONAL YOUTH JUSTICE OFFICER HERE AND HAVE NO DEPENDANTS JUST A LOW BANK BALANCE DUE TO THE EXPENCE OF CONSTANTLY PAYING TO SORT THIS OUT AND TRYING TO BE WITH MY HUSBAND AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FOR THE PAST 2 1/2 YEARS. HIS VISA WAS REFUSED ON JAN 21ST BECAUSE I HAD NO CREDIT I HAVE A BARCLAYS DEBIT ACCOUNT WHICH MY SALARY IS PAID IN TO EACH MONTH AND MY HUSBAND HAS QUALIFICATIONS AND WILL WORK HERE NO PROBLEM .YOUR ADVICE PLEASE,KIND REGARDS
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Did you instruct a solicitor to act on your behalf in preparing the application?

Were you given leave to appeal? Did it say when you had to give your notice of appeal by?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes we were given 28 days to appeal and i gave 500 pounds to uk visa and immigration based here in uk.I have struggled to get feedback from them and they say they have lodged appeal and want a further 700 uk pounds.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Ok.

Have you instructed a solicitor to act on appeal?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
only these people at uk visa a person called yaser
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Right.

I assume that person you have mentioned it not a solicitor. You should instruct an immigration solicitor to act for you in your appeal. They in turn will instruct a barrister to act on appeal.

There will be a hearing and you will have to put forward your argument and evidence as best you can, a solicitor will be able to do this for you and will know what kind of evidence gets the best traction on the issue of money.

For example, they should submit evidence of jobs advertisements in your area that you husband could do and earn an income from. They should argue that this income should be included in their consideration of the ability to support yourself.

Similarly, if you have spent money on flying to Egypt during the time you have been apart then you can argue that this would free up more available money so that you can support yourself without recourse to public funds.

All of the above should be appropriately documentary evidenced.

Evidence gets a fairer hearing on appeal in any event,rather than just before an immigration official of the UKBA so provided you can show that you will have enough money to support yourselves (once you are both working) then you will stand a reasonable chance of receiving an approval.

To give yourself the best chance though you really should instruct a solicitor.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor