Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i am an indian citizen and a permanent resident of singapore

i am an indian citizen and a permanent resident of singapore for the last 6 years>
i desire to move to the uk with a permanent resident status as an investor. how soon can i get a residence permit and what are the requirements. can i invest in properties in uk to be eligible for the investor category residence permit.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

What level of funds do you have access to and can you demonstrate this to the ukba

Please do not click acceptx, info request only.

Tom

Edited by Thomas on 2/13/2011 at 7:03 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wehave access tofunds to the extent of about 3mUk pounds for investment .

What does "demonstration' mean?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Is this your money?

"Demonstrate" means 'show' - are you able to show that this money is available to you by documentary evidence.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes this is my money.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

The visa option open to you in this regard is for a Tier 1 (Investor) Visa. You need to score 75 points in this category in order to be eligible to apply, you will attain these points:-

• Money of your own held in a regulated financial institution which is disposable in the United Kingdom amounting to no less than £1 million; or
  • Personal assets, taking into account any liabilities, which have a value exceeding £2 million. Assets held by your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner either jointly or in your partner's own name can be taken into account when assessing your net worth; and
  • Money under your control held in a regulated financial institution which is disposable in the United Kingdom amounting to no less than £1 million which has been loaned to you by a financial institution regulated by the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA). You may not mix personal funds and borrowed funds in order to meet the total £1 million investment.

If you meet the above and are able to demonstrate it with documentary evidence of the proof of funds, your identity etc. then you would be eligible to apply for a visa in this category.

You would have to apply using Form VAF9 directly to the British Embassy in Singapore. It would best for you to instruct a UK immigration solicitor to prepare your application for you to give you the best possible chance of approval without the need to appeal.

You will be granted a visa for three years initially. You can extend this. Once you have been in the UK for a period of 5 years on this visa you will be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK and provided you meet the residence criteria, naturalisation as a UK citizen 12 months after that.

If this useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Edited by Thomas on 2/22/2011 at 11:20 AM EST
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor