Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hello, please let me know, if i got myself involve with a woman

Customer Question

Hello, please let me know, if i got myself involve with a woman who was brought to the UK by unknown person, while feeling sorry for her i fell in love with her to the state of having one child 4month old now, the child had British Passport i am a british citizen my self, what is the faith of this Woman concern?.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

What do you mean by "what is the faith of this Woman concern?"

Are you asking about her immigration status?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Tom, yes!!

would she be allowed to in teh UK?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Where is the woman, is she not in the UK?

Where is the child of your relationship?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, she came here in 2003, and the child was born here, as a British because i the Father is British, please let me know my chance of getting my child's mother the right to look after our child, here in the UK.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
To clarify, where is she?

Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
SHE IS IN LONDON AS WE SPEAK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
CAN I APPLY FOR LEAVE TO REMAIN NOW, TO THE HOME OFFICE ON HER BEHALF?.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
CAN I APPLY NOW?
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Can you tell me a bit more about how she came here, you say she came here with an unknown person- was this with a visa or illegally?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
she came in illegally, because she was help by a good samaritan who use his wife passport for her in order to escape for her life. since then she has been here in the uk.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Okay.

Do you intend to marry her?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i dont think it will be possible for me to marry her, because i marry to someone and we are not devoice yet. please what can i do.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Have you been cohabiting with the her (ie, living together)?

Please state how long you have been living together if so.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no we are living seperate.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend 1 credit to view this question.
Spend 1 Credit and view all the answers to this question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you think if i do so she will be grant leave to stay here.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

You really do need to get specific advice on this together.

If it is proved that you are a UK citizen, the father of the child and that she is the mother and your right to a family and private life is argued in an comprehensively prepared application by an immigration solicitor then there is a possibility that she will be grated leave to remain here with the child, yes.

You can find immigration solicitors in your area using the following site:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hello dear Tom i would like to ask you, if someone gave birth to a child in the uk and either of the parent are citizen. what is the faith of the child and the mother.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "faith".

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i mean what is going to happen to both the chil and the mother, can the child get british passport and the mother be granted leave to remain in the uk?.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

In your original question you said the child had a British Passport.

Do they or not?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
oh sorry this is another question. not the one i asked before.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

In that case, you should post it as a new question to the question board and request that I answer it.

I hope this is okay. I will need you to state the nationalities of mother and father.

Tom