Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have had my driving licence revoked on medical grounds and

I have had my driving licence revoked on medical grounds and would like to re-apply in the future - do i have to have challenged the original decision to re-apply? What is the re-application process like with the DVLA? Please.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question. I will try to help with this.

Has your GP approved this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is notional at the moment - my GP is aware but i have not spoken to him. My consultant is aware but at the moment my symptoms are not 'under control'. I need to know the re-application process (either way) in order to make a decision as to whether to sell my car.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.
You can appeal the decision of the DVLA to revoke your licence on medical grounds at any Magistrates Court. However, there is a difference between having the capacity to bring an appeal before the court and having a good chance of success. You need to examine that issue carefully as you would just be wasting your money if you appealed without proper grounds. You need to gather evidence from your own GP or another doctor who is able to say in truth that you are not a risk to other road users. Unless you have that evidence there is no merit in an appeal. I am happy to discuss the above if you need more information but please remember to click on accept.