How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i challange a county court judgment and charging order

This answer was rated:

how do i challange a county court judgment and charging order on my property

Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.


You need to apply to the Court and set Judgment aside. You need to complete form N244 and pay a fee of £75.


You would need to show that you have a realistic prospect of successfully defending the claim and that you acted promptly.


If you can show that you have some argument then as long as you can explain delay Judgment will be set aside and the matter will be set down for trial.

But you must show you have a good chance of winning and a reason for any delay.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the judgment has already been made,how do i challange it
As I said above, apply to set Judgment aside. Complete form N244 and a fee of £75. Read my answer above.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i show i have a good chance of winning and reason for delay
You simply have to show some argument in the case and then why you waited so long to apply to set it aside - it may be that you did not know procedure.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>i had no knowledge that i owed the money as it did not appear on my experian report can i request to see what information they have.</p><p>do i have the right to see any documents held by the debt collection company and a breakdown of the figure they say i owe</p><p>what evidence does the debt collection company need to show the court to get the ccj and cherging order on my property.</p>

To be fair this is a separate question and I will be pleased to answer it when you click accept as I have answered what to do to set aside a judgment.

Follow up questions are free.

UK-Justice and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you