Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

could you please tell me that will i be able to apply for ilr

could you please tell me that will i be able to apply for ilr in july 2011?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

When did you arrive in UK?

What visa did were you on and what visa are you on now?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
arrived in u.k. on 24 august 2005 on student nurse visa of one year after completing one year , i got my work permit visa on 17 august 2006 expiring on 16 august 2011,i'm working as a nurse .
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

In order to apply for ILR under a student visa one must be in the UK for a period of 10 years. Therefore the first year you were here is not permitted to count towards the required 5 years to get ILR after you have been on work permit.

You will attain the required 5 years on your working visa on 16 August 2011 and would at that point be eligible to apply for ILR then. This is what you should do. ,You can see a solicitor a month or two before the expiry of your visa in order to prepare the application for you.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i just want to ask the last question hope you won;t mind , is there any new rules coming this year regarding ilr and if there is , then will i fall in that category ? or it won;t affect my status for getting ilr even though the new rules come into play