Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i have invitation form my cousing to spend my holiday with

Customer Question

i have invitation form my cousing to spend my holiday with him in UK, what si ethr equirement, am applying form Ghana, she is a USA citizen but hard UK permanent resident, am nigerian leaving and working in Ghana as expert
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Are you asking what is required for a visitor's visa?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tom,

yes, am presently residing in Ghana, but am nigeria and my bank account is in Nigerian, i just move here in ghana because of my new Job , since am working as a consultant so i move around, i want to knwo if i can apply for my Visitor visa in Ghana and what is the requirement.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

You can apply either to the British Embassy in the country where you are for a visitor's visa or possibly online via the UKBA visas website if they allow this in the particular country that you are in.

In applying, you must show that:

• you want to visit for less than 6 months;
  • you intend to leave the UK before the end of the 6 month period ;
  • you have enough money to support yourself UK without the need to access public funds
  • You will not work (either paid or unpaid)

You will have to submit a statement and supporting documents (eg. bank statements, evidence of continuing obligations in the country from which you are travelling - eg. job or accommodation).

If your cousin is to sponsor or assist you during your time then they can submit either a letter or a formal sponsorship declaration (ideally, and ideally prepared by a solicitor for around £50_VAT). The letter/declaration should include the following:-

• Your name/address
  • The date
  • His name and address
  • Your relationship (ie. cousins)
  • the date upon which he is to travel to the UK
  • The date upon which is to return to Turkey
  • That they are prepared to accommodate you if necessary throughout the whole duration of your stay without the need to access public funds
  • That they are prepared to cover the costs of any unseen or unanticipated costs that your stay incurs without the need to access public funds

The visa will be granted for 6 months.

It usually takes between 4-6 weeks from the date of the application to receive the visa.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tom,

what kind of document can I show to prove that I will return back to work? can I show my contract letter and or letter from the company I work with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
you wrote turkey am in Ghana i just need what is require for visitor Visa from Ghana country to Country different
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, that was a mistake, The requirements are the same.

If you have a contract which shows that your are permanently employed then this will most likely be sufficient, but if your company are willing to write a letter on your behalf stating that you intend to return to work and that your employment is continuing then this would be better.

Hope this clarifies, if so please click accept. I will continue to answer your follow up questions free of charge.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
am on 6 months contract renewable with this company, my employment agency pay me direct and they are base in UK, so the company i work for in Ghana is different, so my employment agency just send me here.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Ideally you would have a letter from both explaining the situation and that all parties intend for your to continue your employment obligations following your return from the UK. You just have to be able to give the credible impression that you are to continue your employment.

Don't click accept again.

Kind regards,

Tom