Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
13113900

hi l think someone is using my address illegally,l received

hi l think someone is using my address illegally,l received a letter through the post my address but not my name,it was not an english name,so l ask the postman if he knew of the name down the street so that l could give it to the right person but he did,nt,and as it did not have a retun address l opened it only to find 2 wage slips inside both with someone elses name but my address so l can only think that someone is using my address without my knowledge,an illegal immigrant maybe,l think this is quite worrying and l am not sure exactly what to do,can you please advise kind regards lin.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 years ago.

Have you contacted the post office and told them this individual is not known at your address?

Kind regards

AJ
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi no i have not,l dont think it really has any thing to do with the post office,l think the big problem is to do with someone using my address without my say so,there has got to be a reason someone has done this its not normal to use someone elses address,and it looks like from the dates on the wage slips it has been going on for some time,at least 9 months,l think l need a little more then just telling the post office for my money.i need to know what l can do. kind regards lin.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 years ago.

If you are concerned that you are a victim of identity fraud then you must contact the police.

You can also contact the company that is sending these wage slips out to your address and tell them that this person is not known at your address.

I would also contact the post office because they have the power to stop mail addressed to this individual being sent to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

AJ
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi we are going to the police,thinks for your help.kind regards lin.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 years ago.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

I would also pursue the post office and the individuals employer.

Best of Luck

Kind regards

AJ