Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i applied hsmp on 26 of april 2006,do i ve to complete 5 years

i applied hsmp on 26 of april 2006,do i ve to complete 5 years or 4 years for ilr

Thanks for your question.

If you have been in the UK on an HSMP visa since 26 April then you must have been living in the UK for a period of 5 years in order to apply for ILR. It's a bit unfortunate for you because had you received your HSMP visa before 3 April you would only have needed to have lived here for 4 years. I'm afraid they changed the rules back in 2006.

Ii attach a link to a page from the UKBA website were you will see under the heading SET(O) that this is the case:-

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,