Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

where can i download a sworn state declaration in respect of

Customer Question

where can i download a sworn state declaration in respect of 2 seperate individuals stating that the extension on my house has been there for at least the last ten years in my application for existing lawful development certificate in england
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Each person must make a separate statutory declaration.

There is actually no set defined list of what should be included for this, because what is included will depend on the specific knowledge of the person swearing the declaration and therefore the contents of the declaration will depend on their particular and specific knowledge that they have of the property.

The format of a statutory declaration is as follows:-

STATUTORY DECLARATION

I [insert name] of [insert address] DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY XXXXX XXXXX follows:-

•1. [INSERT]

•2. [INSERT]

•3. Etc.

AND I MAKE this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835 as amended.

DECLARED by [INSERT NAME]

at

this day of 2010

)

)

)

)

)

)

Before me,

A Commissioner for Oaths/Solicitor

They would start by stating who they are and that they have been called upon to make the declaration for the purpose of your application (stating your name and the property to which the application relates).

They should then declare how they have the knowledge that they hold before then listing in numbered points the facts which prove the length of time the property has been used for the purpose it is used for.

If this useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask followup questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does someone need to witness and sign this and what categories of people are there

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi.

A statutory declaration needs to be taken to a solicitor in order for it to be sworn in front of them, effectively they are the witness but it cannot be done by a lay person in the same way as merely witnessing something.

Thanks for your kind accept.

Tom