Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Tom, you helped me a couple of weeks ago and i have another

Tom, you helped me a couple of weeks ago and i have another quick question, the question is when relocating to the UK and appliying for my wife and her sons visa to join me in the UK, do i need to be employed by a UK based company or doesnt this matter ? i actually work all over the world and at the moment am paid through our U.S. division while i live in New York, but when i move to London i can either be paid through our U.K. division or through the Italy HQ, im wondering if it makes a difference to the application or do they just need my contract and salary information to prove that i can support my wife and her son ?

Thanks Alex
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your request.

It doesn't now matter which division of your company pays you, the criteria in respect of finance is that you must show that you are able to support and house yourself, your wife and any dependents without the need to access public funds. As long as you can demonstrate sufficient income to meet these needs in the locality where you are to live then this will be sufficient.

If this is useful please click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,