Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

My father died in October and we had to cancel our holiday.

My father died in October and we had to cancel our holiday. All the relevant correspondence has been forwarded to travel insurance Co. for claim,I have now received letter from Europ Assistance asking for my father's medical records for the past two years,prior to taking out my Insurance,which was taken out in November 2009. I am very angry about this as he was 87 years old and had slight dementia, but had fairly good health up to August 2010. Why should they need these? I know they will try everything to get out of paying over £3000.00.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! If you've any queries once you've read my answer do ask. When satisfied, kindly click the Green ACCEPT button.

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

They are asking for this purely as you say because they are looking for ways to avoid paying your claim. I suspect there will have been a condition in the policy that says something along the lines that he had no notifiable medical conditions prior to taking out the policy. They will be looking for evidence that he did in order to avoid the claim.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Legally, do I have to provide this information?
Expert:  Joshua replied 5 years ago.
Not at all but if you want to pursue your claim you will have to to prove your claim subject as below.

If you are reluctant to hand this over you could ask them to point you to the section of the policy which lends to their requirement to see this evidence. Obviously if there are no conditions in the policy that he should have been of good health or similar then they should have no need of it and the claim should be paid. If there is such a requirement or similar then they are entitled to ask you to provide that he satisfied this condition(s) before paying out.