Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi my wife and our two common children have German passports

Customer Question

Hi my wife and our two common children have German passports (citizenship) but never lived in Germany. We are living in South Africa (all three of them have also S.A. passports).
I (the husband/father) have an Israeli passport only (and a permanent resident in S.A.).
What are our chances of getting in to the u.k.??
I also have a daugter from a previous marriage who is married and have 2 children with a british citizen who is working and living in London for the kast 7 years.
I am a business men and can support myself in the u.k.

thanks
Z. ANGEL
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi Z Angel,

Can you clarify that you wish to find out whether you are eligible to settle in the UK permanently as a family?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that is my question and in addition to the above question we want to know if we covered by nhs and are there any restrictions ?

best regards

Zwi Angel

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that is my question and in addition to the above question we want to know if we covered by nhs and are there any restrictions ? also maybe should mention i am 64 years of age, wife 50 and kids under 20

best regards

Zwi Angel

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi Zwi,

Thanks for your reply. Your wife and children have a right to travel and work here free from restriction as they have EEA status under their German passports.

You will have to apply for a Residence Card as the non-EEA spouse of an EEA national. You will have to apply using UKBA's form EEA2, available for download from the UKBA website and you will have to do this by making an application to the nearest British Embassy before you travel. The card takes the form of an endorsement in your passport.

Your wife and children will be covered by the NHS due to their EEA status. You will only be covered once you have been in the UK for two years. Until that time you should obtain and maintain appropriate health insurance so that the expense of any health care are covered.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS

HAVE STARTED SOME FURTHER QUESTIONS AND LOST IT

MY FURTHER QUESTIONS ARE

1. DOES THE FACT THAT I HAVE A DAUGHTER RESIDING IN LONDON FOR 7 YEARS TOTALLY UNHELPFULL-- REMEMBER I AM THE FATHER WITH THE ISRAELI PASSPORT.

2. I WAS BORN IN ROMANIA CURRENTLY A MEMEBER IN THE ECU IN 1946 AND LEFT WITH MY PARENTS AS A BABY IN 1947 TO THEN PALESTINE UNDER BRITISH MANDATE. I HAVE A ROMANIAN BIRTH CERTIFICATE BUT BECAUSE MY NAME WAS CHANGE UPON ARRIVAL TO PALESTINE I CANNOT OBTAIN A ROMANIAN PASSPORT SO EASILY. THE ISRAELI AUTHORITIES SAY THAT IT HAPPENED BEFORE MAY 1948 - THE ESTABLISHMENT OF ISRAEL SO THEY CANNOT HELP. WILL IT HELP IF I WILL BE ABLE TO GET A ROMANIAN PASSPORT??

3. CAN YOU PLEASE RECOMMEND ON SOME REPUTABLE BUSINESS AGENTS THAT ARE DEALING IN SELLING BUNESSESS.

THANKS

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

The fact that you have a daughter residing in London is helpful, but as the spouse of an EEA national you will probably not have much difficulty proving eligibility for the registration card anyway provided you are of good character and there are no administrative defects (or other) in the application itself.

Romania is part of the EEA so if you had a Romanian passport then you would not require a registration card as you do presently. I cannot speak to how difficult it is to obtain a Romanian passport because I do not have any first hand knowledge.

What type of business are you interested in buying? Or Selling?

Thanks for your kind accept.

Kind regards,

Tom