How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Thomas Your Own Question

Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7149
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am Malaysian female Came on holiday met a fella fell in love

Resolved Question:

I am Malaysian female Came on holiday met a fella fell in love had a baby who is nearly three now . He lied to me all in all he married someone else and has my child. My child is british but i have to keep flying in and out of the uk to see my child. I am a muslim anyhow I take my child back when am not married I will be killed. can I apply for indefinate live to remain or asylum ? or what can i do
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



I assume that your are a Malaysian national and resident, and that you have not lived for any period of time in the UK on a long terms visa status (eg. student/workers/family visa).


In order to claim asylum in this country one must be unable to go back to your home because of a well founded fear of persecution because of your race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership of a social group.


You would have to argue that the Malaysian attitude to your membership of a social group (ie; an unmarried mother) is such that you would suffer persecution. The difficulty is that Malaysia is not generally seen as a County with the type of regressive attitude that you suggest so you would face an uphill battle to convince the UKBA of the validity of your right to claim asylum by producing evidence (newspaper reports/articles/statements) to prove your case. It will not be easy.


I attach a link the UKBA's page on how to claim asylum:-


The alternative would be to attempt to make an discretionary application to the UKBA to exercise their discretion to permit you to stay on the basis of your dependency of the child. You would need a solicitors for this however as it is quite complicated.


You could make an application to Court for an order that you be permitted to return to Malaysia with the child, but again this does not get around your fears of returning home.


I would focus first on obtaining documentary evidence based on your fears and collecting them together. Take this to an immigration solicitors and ask for a fixed fee consultation to get specific advice on the merits of your asylum claim. You can then make a decision based upon the likelihood of success as explained to you based on your evidence.


It sounds an awful situation, I am very sorry for you.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,



Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7149
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Ben Jones

    Ben Jones


    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in UK Legal Matters
< Last | Next >
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones


    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in UK Legal Matters
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Jenny Mackenzie's Avatar

    Jenny Mackenzie

    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 10 years experience in general legal matters
  • Matthew J's Avatar

    Matthew J


    Satisfied Customers:

    4 y PQE (Partner) - Commercial / Residential Property & Property and Civil litigation experience
  • Stuart J's Avatar

    Stuart J


    Satisfied Customers:

    PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • Alex J.'s Avatar

    Alex J.


    Satisfied Customers: