Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am currrently residing in the UAE. i am planning on applying

Customer Question

I am currrently residing in the UAE. i am planning on applying for a tier 1 UK visa. I have all the required points under all categories.

Regarding maintenance funds, i have my personal account and my company account. The company belongs to me and i am the sole proprietor and signatory. Can i jointly use this account to prove i have the required maintenance funds? My company account has the required balance maintained for years. I can also show funds from my personal account (that would have qualified my personal account) were transfered to my business account for convinience purposes only.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

You can use the account if you can prove that you are the only person who has control over it, no other person must be permitted to use it. If it is your company account then you should submit evidence that you are the only director/shareholder etc by passing the requisite documents in the UAE to prove the company's constitution, ownership and who are listed as directors/signatories.

This should be sufficient for the UKBA to accept that the account is for you personal use and will remain so during your time here.

Explain about the transfers of money in to the account, providing proof of the account as being for personal use and explain that this was done for the sake of convenience.

Try to be detailed but explain it simply, they need it signposted for them otherwise they will refuse and you will be forced to appeal.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your answer Tom. Just one clarification, the account is a fully functional business account and is used for my business but i have total control over it. i pay my payrolls etc through it. I also pay myself a nominal salary from the account etc dating back over 5 years. Does this change things?

But i am the sole proprietor and signatory as you mentioned above and i can give all documentary evidence to show that.

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

No, this will not make a difference. You should explain that paying yourself a nominal salary is necessary just for the purposes of your business but that the funds are still there for use under your sole discretion.

You should be fine.

Hope this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks alot Tom. this answers my question. Appreciate the help.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

You're welcome.

Thank you for your kind accept.

Tom