Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

if i was to marry my partner who has 2 childern from other

if i was to marry my partner who has 2 childern from other relationship. is the mother of his childern able to demand that i pay money to her for the children ?

Thanks for your question.

If you are not the natural mother of the children or their guardian then the natural mother cannot demand money from you by way of child maintenance if you are married to the father.

Her rights to demand money in this respect from your partner would continue, which could in turn affect the amount of money he has available to help in paying your joint expenses as a married couple but she would not be able to sue you for the money or enforce a debt against your personal assets.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards.,