How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7590
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i was to marry my partner who has 2 childern from other

This answer was rated:

if i was to marry my partner who has 2 childern from other relationship. is the mother of his childern able to demand that i pay money to her for the children ?


Thanks for your question.


If you are not the natural mother of the children or their guardian then the natural mother cannot demand money from you by way of child maintenance if you are married to the father.


Her rights to demand money in this respect from your partner would continue, which could in turn affect the amount of money he has available to help in paying your joint expenses as a married couple but she would not be able to sue you for the money or enforce a debt against your personal assets.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards.,



Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you