Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Regards making a case for asylum,what sort of evidence would

Regards XXXXX XXXXX case for asylum,what sort of evidence would be required to prove this case.How could you prove that you had a well founded fear of persecution?. If this case was unsucessful with the home office,would you be deported immediately? Is there any legal way that the length of time of 14yrs could be reduced to 10yrs? Could a solicitor help to reduce the length of time to 10 years?

The evidence that you would produce would vary to some extent on which particular group you belonged to (eg. whether you were gay or belonged to a political party). It would ideally be things specific to you such as evidence that you had been attacked or pursued by persons wishing to persecute or cause you harm because of your membership to that group.

Supporting literature of the general attitude to your social group is helpful but not conclusive. You can obtain specific information to your particular country by consulting the following UKBA specific country guide:-

If you are unsuccessful in your asylum claim and you can't appeal to a higher court then I am afraid that you would be deported almost immediately.

The 14 year length is law, a solicitor can help you prove your case is within the law but they will not be able to reduce the required length of time.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,