Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

My cousin lives in SouthAfrica and has a Pakistani Passport.

I would like to send her a letter of sponser for her to visit the Uk with her 7 month old son.
Her son is on her passport.
This only a visit and she will return to S. Africa after her visit where her husband has a business.
How should I go about doing this?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Will she be applying from and traveling from South Africa?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes she will be applying from S Africa.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

The best way to do this is to prepare and execute (ie. swear) a sponsorship declaration. This is a document which states who you are, who the applicant is, that (if) you will house them when they are here without the need to access public funds and will also if necessary support them during their stay here wiithout the need to access public funds .

It should also state that the length of their visit is to be no more than the 6 months permitted under the visitor's visa.

It will have to be sworn as statutorty declaration and you can get a local immigration solicitor to prepare and swear it for you for approx £50+VAT.

It should then be passed to the applicant to submit with their application.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have just been informed that my cousin is 7 weeks pregnant! Will this make a difference to the situation? She normally has problem free pregnancies and be returning to S . Africa for the birth.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

She should disclose the pregnancy to the UKBA in her application, but it should not be a problem. She should check her travelling times with her air line to check they allow her to fly though.

Hope this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,