How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7600
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to authenticate a Practicing Solicitor called Cathy

Resolved Question:

I am trying to authenticate a Practicing Solicitor called Cathy N Danielson working for a company called Bundys Solicitors based at Fuengirola Spain regustered with the the Solicitor Regulation Authority in Madrid CIF B9553822.I have been trying to reasearch these and can find treference to the autority or company . where do I go for assitance please.How do I get a contact or spek to a spannish solicitor .
XXXXX XXXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Andrew,


Firstly, there is no solicitor in the UK with a practising certificate under that name.


Neither is there a UK practice of that name.


In order to practice in Spain a lawyer would have to be registered with the local jurisdiction's Bar Association. If the solicitor is practicing, or saying they practice in Madrid then they would have to be a member of the Madrid Bar Association. They will be able to verify if there is a lawyer of that name registered with them.


Because of the translation it's a little difficult to tell but I believe the following web page is a list of contacts for he Madrid Bar Association and you should try them (translate if necessary):-


If that does not work I would contact the British Embassy in Spain and ask to be re-directed to the Madrid Bar Association-


I cannot find a record of a Spanish law firm called Bundy's but I think the sure fire way of verifying is by contacting the Madrid Bar Association, possibly via the embassy.


Why do you require verification? Have they contacted you? What is the issue at hand?


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards.



Edited by Thomas on 9/14/2010 at 1:43 PM EST
Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Thnks for this and it is a as afar as I they area acing as the legal solicotors to a firm who claims to have sold my time share but they have come back asking for more money . It seems dodgey and a typical scam. . i spoted a recent answer stating that R C Bundy were a long standing firm in the spain.
below is the email

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here


Many thanks for your response.

Our phone system is set to answer phone only. The reason being is that we deal with so many clients, all with different questions and dealing with different questions that it would be impossible to handle them all, as most times we need to consult with the re sales companies before giving an answer. It’s much easier and more efficient to deal with this way.

Please feel free to contact the Solicitor Regulation Authority in Madrid. There you find our company history and registration details etc.

We are fully aware of all the so called scams that are plaguing people around the world and this does make our job much harder. However, as you have found out for yourself, there are no bad listings about our company, and any that do appear are removed very quickly as we do operate a strict court procedure for anybody or company that blacken our name.

Regarding the sale procedure. I believe you have been talking to Mr. Daily who has explained the unfortunate situation regarding the tax implementation of the Spanish banks. This is something beyond our control but we have acted swiftly in sorting the problem and all non Spanish residents are entitled to a full refund.

I am very sorry that you feel this way about our company and should you wish to cancel the sale procedure we would be more than happy to reimburse your deed transfer fees of 150 GBP, unfortunately we cannot reimburse the legal fees.

We would be delighted to continue the sale for you and this would take approximately 6 to 7 days of receipt of your funds to complete totally.

If you wish to cancel the process, please supply you bank details: Bank Name and address, Iban and Bic No so that we can return you deed transfer fees.

Please advise us as soon as possible which way you would like to proceed.

Kind Regards.

Cathy N Danielson

Practicing Solicitor.

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Andrew,


Thank you for your kind accept.


The method of contact and general format is highly irregular (eg. requesting bank details). I trust you have not furnished them with your bank details.


No law firm is set to answer machine only. She refers to the Solicitors Regulation Authority but this is the name of the UK regulation authority and, as stated, every lawyer in a jurisdiction in Spain has to be registered with the Bar Association in that area and she has not referred you to this.


I would suggest either doing nothing at all or emailing back and stating that you will deal with the matter only by way of correspondence received on headed note paper from the firm itself.


It certainly smells like a scam to me.


Kind regards,



Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Law Questions