Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I was born in the then Rhodesia 9th December 1932- My father

I was born in the then Rhodesia 9th December 1932- My father was born in Union of South Africa September 1903 moved to Rhodesia in about 1921 or 2 and became a Citizen. HIS FATHER WAS BORN IN SCOTLAND 1866 moved to South Africa in about 1888. I now hold a South African Citizenship.
Question "Do I have any claim to British Citizenship and or Residence there"? Colin
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question - it's bad news I'm afraid.

You do not have a right to British Citizenship or residence here. Ancestral citizenship can only pass from one generation to the next by descent. This means that it could have passed from your grandfather to your father but no further. It does not pass to you in these circumstances I regret to say.

If you wish to come the UK permanently then you would have to marry a UK citizen and apply for leave to remain on the basis of that marriage, or otherwise apply as a student (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/) or for a workers visa under one of the points based schemes listed at the bottom of this page:-

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
accept Answer Thank you - I do not wish to avaIL MYSELF OF ANY MORE OR YOUR SERVICES THERFORE THIS PAYMENT ONLY aND THANKS AGAIN
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

You have to click the "Accept" button in order to formally accept the answer. I am an expert and do not deal with account payment queries, I can refer you to a moderator once you have click accept to check your agreement with them.

Kind regards,

Tom