The disadvatange of marrying in Crete would be that if you ran in to difficulties obtaining a spouses visa afterwards then you would be a bit stuck.
The disadvantage with applying for a fiancéé visa is that you have to make two applications; one to come here and marry and a second to extend the visa once you are married. I assume this to be the better option for you on your previous statements.
If you wish to apply for a fiance visa so that you can marry here you must show that:-
- You plan to marry within 6 months of her arriving here (eg. statements from you and others, possibly a booking of a church/venue)
- You plan to live permanently together here (statements, correspondence)
- You have met each other before (eg. statements from you both and others, correspondence)
- You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income, evidence of jobs available that your husband could do)
- You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
- That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)
You can can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-
They will be able to prepare the application in the best fashion for you (it should cost around £700-850+Vat)
You will need to apply for settlement (ie. fiance visa) by using VAF4 Settlement, available for download from UKBA's website. It would be best for either a solicitor in the UK to prepare it in consultation with both you and your fiancé before submitting it to the nearest British Embassy.
He will also have to pass the english language test to show that he has a basic command of english listening and spoken language. Everyday expressions and basic phrases and he will have to contact the Embassy before submitting to find out about approved test providers in Crete.
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.