Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

wills- my aunt has died and whilst sorting through her belongings

wills- my aunt has died and whilst sorting through her belongings we have found three wills which all begin with ' i revoke all previous wills and coedicils'. two have had cancelled written on them and have been crossed through. the third which is the diy will and the most recent date wise, looks as if it is her last. i am named as executor but befor i apply for probate how can i find out if it has been superceeded? If i ring local solicitors and enquire if i dont give them the date on my will how will i find out if this is the last one?

I think I answered your previous question.

You can give them the date, what I meant by not revealing details of the Will is that you are not under an obligation to volunteer any of the legacies or beneficiaries.

To satisfy yourself of the validity of the Will you can call local solicitors but you may also consider advertising in the Law Gazettes's Wills and whereabouts sections. Almost all firms will read this section:-

You may also choose to speak to those persons who you think your aunty may have spoken to about her Will.

Kind regards,