Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i left my husband in 1972 because of his womanising gambling

i left my husband in 1972 because of his womanising gambling and drinkingi have recently discovered that he died in a flat in belgravia we never divorced how do i find out if he owned the flat or left a will he died in number 11lemthall house churchill gardens estate london sw1 on the 17 december 1992 the registrar did not sign his death certificate until 17th january and she orderd the body to be cremated

If a grant of probate in the estate has been obtained a copy of his Will will be attached to it. You can search the probate calender and they pay a small fee to receive a copy of it. Follow the instructions on the following site:-

In so far as the house is concerned you can find the title number to the property by paying £4.00 to download a copy of the the register. No doubt the property will have changed hands but you can quote the title number to the property to the land registry and ask if your ex-husband had earlier sold it. If they won't do this you can write to the current occupier explaining the situation and ask who they bought it from.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,