Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

what does leaving issue living mean

what does leaving issue living mean ?

Thanks for your question.

It means "leaving children", perhaps if you provide the context I can explain the effect for you.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
PROVIDED FURTHER.that if any of them my said daughter and my said sons shall predecease me leaving no issue living at my death then her or his share of my residuary estate which such deceased daughter or son of mine would have taken shall pass to her or his surviving spouse.
Does this mean that the children would have had to have lived and died or does it just mean having no children ??

Testator means the person making the Will

This means that one of the Testator's children died before the testator and that deceased child did not themselves have any children then the share they would have inherited if they were alive would instead pass to their spouse.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,