Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hi my wife will not let me see my children at all. wot can

hi my wife will not let me see my children at all. wot can i do so i can see them, dont think im able to get legal aid bt i need to no wot my rights are please thanks for your time .
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

If you are named on the birth certificates and it is in the interests of the child's welfare that you have a right to contact with the children.

You can ask her to go to mediation if you think she will be willing to sort the matter out informally, information here:-

If she is unwilling and still does not permit you access to your children then you can apply for a contact order at Court under the Children Act. A solicitor can do this for you but if you can't get legal aid then you would have to fund it yourself. You can do it yourself and HMCS provides lots of information for lay persons about how to do it:-

It also contains guidance on the process following issuing an application.

If you run in to difficulties with the forms then you can call your local county court who are usually helpful. There will be an issue fee of £175.00 payable upon making the application. If you cannot pay this you can see if you are eligible for a fee concession, call the Court in this case and they will be able to refer you to guidance on this.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,