F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years in General Practice

Do I need to complete a Form FP8 - Notice of Change of Solicitor

Do I need to complete a Form FP8 - Notice of Change of Solicitor - to cover a 3 week period between my 'sacking' my previous solicitor, and my probable appointment of a new solicitor on his return from holiday. I wish my wife's solicitor to correspond with me, as acting for myself, during that 3 week period. Many thanks

Are you changing from one firm of solicitors to another?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Probably, but I won't be certain until I speak to the Senior Partner of the 'old' firm of solicitors until his return. If I don't get the response from him that I want, then I will move to a different firm. I want to act on my own in the interim, but my wife's solicitor is currently insisting on writing to my old solicitor, and not me.

Good afternoon,

The firm of solicitors that you are with now while the file is under their control. Nothing needs to be done with the court until such time as you decide if you are staying with that firm of solicitors or transferring to another firm in which case the new firm will file a notice of change of solicitors as soon as you instruct them.

Until you see the senior partner you can send a letter to your wife's solicitor requesting that until further notice all correspondence is to be sent to you personally.

This answer is based on the limited information provided. I hope that this answers your question; if so, I would ask you please to click 'Accept' so that I can be paid.

Best wishes