Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hello, Me name is Lisa and I am trying to find out about free

Hello, Me name is XXXXX XXXXX I am trying to find out about free solicitor help in getting a declaration of trust agreement done between my ex partner and myself? Am i able to get this done free through the C A B and how do I go about this, if not can you suggest any advice please?
Many thanks
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

This forum is for general legal advice rather than specific advice and prohibits the transfer of attachments unfortunately.

CAB will not draft it for you.

Naturally I would always advise taking specific advice from a solicitor to draft one to ensure it is enforceable but if you cannot afford one then the cheapest way would be to download a declaration of trust template from one of the online providers and preparing ia draft version yourself.

I have not used this site before so cannot vouch for any of the offers of documents on it, but here is one site:-

There are others.

Once you have prepared a draft you should take it to CAB asking for it to be checked to ensure that if it were signed then it would be enforceable.

You can then apply to have this registered against the legal title to the property as a Notice which means you would be informed during the conveyancing process of any sale.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,