Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi, My husband and I are buying a residential property in

My husband and I are buying a residential property in Spain. Initially, we were considering getting a mortgage to finance our purchase. However, it seems that he changed his mind in regards XXXXX XXXXX name on the tiltle deed. He now thinks to finance the house purchase by taking a loan from his own ltd. He argues that in this case would be impossible to include my name but does not provide a reasoning. How valid is his argument? Thank you. Lina
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Line,

There is nothing in law which prevents you being a joint proprietor, but it may be a term of the offer from the limited company for the loan that only your husband is to be named as the sole owner - without seeing the loan agreement or it being confirmed by the company I'm afraid you just don't now.

In law though, there is nothing preventing you being named as joint owner if the company were minded to permit this.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,