Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hi i was adirector of a compnay and resigned can i set up a

hi i was a director of a company and resigned can i set up a new company
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Are you disqualified from being a director of a company and how is the new company to be constituted as to directors and shareholders?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i am not disqualified i just resigned and gave back my shares
my dad is going to be the director of the new company basically he is funding it
and i am to to run it but most of the customers have contacted me and still want me to do the work
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

There is no legal restriction on you being an employee of the company and using your contacts to generate business. If you are not disqualified then you could be a director too.

If you had a contract with your previous company then you should check to make sure that there are no covenants restricting you competing with them or poaching their cu. If there are then they will only be binding upon you in so far as they protect a legitimate business interest.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,