Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

MY NAME IS USMAN DAR. I HAVE COME TO THE UK IN 2006 ON STUDENT

MY NAME ISXXXXX HAVE COME TO THE UK IN 2006 ON STUDENT VISA AND APPLIED FOR POST STUDY WORK VISA IN NOV 2008 AFTER COMPLETION OF MY POST GRADUATE DIPLOM BUT EVENTUALLY ITS BEEN REFUSED AND I HAVE MADE AN APPEAL AGAINST THIS DECISION. MY APPEAL IS STILL IN PROCESS AND I CAN STAY IN THIS COUNTRY AS LONG MY APPEAL IS IN THE PROCESS BUT THE CHANCES TO GET VISA ARE VERY SLIM. MY GRAND PARENTS ARE BRITISH CITIZEN BUT NOT BORN IN THIS COUNTRY. MY QUESTION IS THAT CAN I STILL APPLY FOR ANCESTOR VISA BEING LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY JUST TO BUY SOME TIME OR NOT. I NEED YOUR ADVICE IN THIS REGARD. THANKS

Thanks for your question.

If you are apply for an ancestry visa from within the UK then they will only entertain the applcation if you entered the UK holding an entry clearance based on your UK ancestry OR they had already given you permission to stay based on your UK ancestry. As you have already entered the UK in a different immigration category the application would not be entertained.

Additionally, you can only apply if you have a grandparent who was born in the UK.

You really are much better off focusing on your appeal and getting a solicitor or counsel to act on your behalf.

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom