Ben Rose
Ben Rose, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B (Hons) (Hull), Pg.Dip.L.P. (York), SIIRSM
12371581

Hello My brother is currently in hospital very poorly and

Hello
My brother is currently in hospital very poorly and could well not make it. His wife is not letting any of his siblings go and see him. When he went into hospital we went to see him and he was happy for us to be there. Unfortunately he became very ill and has been sedated ever since and as soon as he could not communicate anymore she stopped us visiting him. I am wondering whether there is anything we can do to get to see him as it could be our last chance to see him.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Joanne McGuinness

Hallo Joanne

How is the wife stopping you seeing him? Unless he is on a restricted ward, e.g. ICU/HDU, then there should be no issues regarding your visiting him unless it causes him distress.

Has the wife given any reason for stopping you seeing your brother?

Kind Regards

Ben

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you

Yes he is on an ICU and very poorly but the staff have said we can visit. It is just her that is stopping us and they have said they have to respect her decision. She has given no reason.

Regards Joanne

Hallo Joanne

It is difficult; as next of kin, she can hold a certain sway; the other option is to apply to Court but this would be quite messy, and costly.

Sorry to not be more positive.

Ben