Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hello, I just need to ask this question as my children are

I just need to ask this question as my children are so upset and need to know if thier daddy is going to bring back a Phillipino bride:

If a Phillipino lady is going to be deported from England but leaves just before she is, and goes back to the Phillipines, then an English man goes over to the Phillipines and marries her, how likely is it for the lady to get an English passport and return to the UK?

Thank you for reading this,
yours sincerely,
A very worried Mother, XXXXX XXXXX.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hello Susan,

Thanks for your question, it's obviously a very difficult situation.

If she is deported then she can only come back to the UK after getting married and then applying to the British Embassy for a spouses visa to allow her to come back to the UK for a period of two years before she is required to make a further application.

Whether she would be granted a spouses visa will be at the discretion of the Home Office and the reasons for deportation will count very heavily against her. It is probably that the HO will refuse her application initially and she will be forced to appeal. Without knowing the full details of the case and her reasons for deportation it is impossible to say whether she is likely to be sucessful but, suffice it to say, she us up against it from the start because of her deportation; even if she left early the reasons for the deportation will subsist and remain noted by the HO.

It will probably take at least two months (and probably quite a bit more) from the date of her application before a final decision is made on her visa, and she will actually have to get married first.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom