Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

my friend has been arrested with no passport or visa and I

my friend has been arrested with no passport or visa and I believe was residing here illegally......will she be deported or is there any way that someone may be able to guarantee for her provision thus allowing her to remain. For example can someone say that they are going to marry her and demonstrate they are financially capable of looking after her enabling her to remain

Thanks for your question.

No, someone confirming that they were to marry the person in question would not make a difference to her position.

I'm terribly sorry but if she has been here illegally for less than 14 years then she will be deported. If she holds a genuine fear that she may be persecuted or killed were she to be returned to her home country then she could make an application for asylum, but there is a heavy burden of proof on asylum seekers to prove that this is genuine and she would have to submit considerable documentary evidence by way of proof.

Sorry that it could not be better news.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,