Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I want to marry my turkish boyfriend in turkey, what documents

I want to marry my turkish boyfriend in turkey, what documents do i need to take with me to allow us to get married, also what does he need. And also when we are married will he be able to get a visa to come and live with me in england?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you are marry in Turkey and then wish for your husband to come here then you will have to apply for a spouses visa. You will have to apply for settlement to the British Embassy in Turkey using form VAF4A, available for download from the UK Visas website.

You will have to show:-

• 1. That you are legally married to each other (marriage certificate)
  • 2. You have met before (statements, correspondence)
  • 3. You are not in breach of the immigration rules (your visa)
  • 4. Your decision to marry was not due to you potentially being deported)
  • 5. Your wife's present and settled in the UK (eg. Passport, proof of accommodation)
  • 6. You intend to live permanently together here in the UK as husband and wife (statements, evidence of her (statements, correspondence(
  • 7. You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income)
  • 8. You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
  • 9. That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)

It would be best for either a solicitor in the UK to prepare it in consultation with both you and your wife before submitting it.

Your wife can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, i am happy with this information you have given me, although you have not told me what i need to take with me to turkey next year in order to marry my turkish boyfriend.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

I've listed the documents usually required in brackets next to the criteria. I believe the form itself also lists the commonly required docs.

You do not require a visa to simply visit Turkey.

I hope this clarifies, if so please kindly click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thankyou, but what i need to know, in order to marry him over in turkey do i need to visit the registry office in my own town and get a marriage form, and get it stamped by both them and turkish officials, or turkish registrar
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

It depends on the Turkish authorities, you will have to check with them but I would imagine there are no great restrictions providing you can prove your identity to the person conducting the marriage ceremony.

Once you have a Turkish marriage certificate he will be able to apply for a spouses visa, this is obviously the key document.

Please click accept.

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor