Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hi threr can you help me i want to no if my 22 yr old musum

hi threr
can you help me i want to no if my 22 yr old musum fiance who live in egpt at the moment but we plan to marry & live in uk soon my quetion is can he come hrer to studdy to better him self with compurter work to help him find a job & wil be be able to work if he cant speak good english in uk will we get help for his studdy or do we have to pay & he dont have any money so if i save a little can he come topo uk to live with me till find a job if threy dont allow him to studdy can you get back to me a s a p many thanks
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Where do you plan to marry, in the UK or in Egypt?

Do you hold a UK passport?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

wew plan to marry in egpt i dont think we can marry here i dont know if the uk emesy will allow this could we marry in uk

or do we have to marry in egpt im on income surport &i get disabity benifits so the only money we will is that i cant work i hope this is enough to help me many thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

or do we have to marry in egpt im on income surport &i get disabity benifits so the only money we will is that i cant work i hope this is enough to help me many thanks yes i have a uk passport i was born in uk

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

He will have to make an application for a spouses visa from Egypt to the British embassy once you are married.

To be eligible for a spouses visa you will have to show:-

• 1. That you are legally married to each other (marriage certificate)
  • 2. You have met before (statements, correspondence)
  • 3. You are not in breach of the immigration rules (your visa)
  • 4. Your decision to marry was not due to you potentially being deported)
  • 5. Your wife is present and settled in the UK (eg. Passport, proof of accommodation)
  • 6. You intend to live permanently together here in the UK as husband and wife (statements, evidence of her (statements, correspondence(
  • 7. You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income)
  • 8. You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
  • 9. That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)

The level of income about will have to be demonstrated by showing jobs available that you husband could do when he arrives over here, essentially you must demonstrate that you he can provide a further income stream so that you can support each other.

He will need to apply to the British Embassy using form VAF4A.

He could be a student if you could demonstrate that you could still support each other, but he would not be eligible for help for this from public funds because he is not a UK passport holder. He could get a bank loan if a bank were willing to lend to him to do this but the key, as I say, is proving you can support each other on your respective incomes once you are in this country.

It would be best for either a solicitor in the UK to prepare it in consultation with both you and your husband before submitting it.

You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Edited by Thomas on 6/17/2010 at 9:29 AM EST
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi

so can we just live on my disablily beniffits wil that be enough for uis to live on till he find a job at the moment i get income surport & disabily benifits can he come to uk as my caree till find beter job or wil he have to find ful time work

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi

so can we just live on my disablily beniffits wil that be enough for uis to live on till he find a job at the moment i get income surport & disabily benifits can he come to uk as my caree till find beter job or wil he have to find ful time work is threr a certain amount we have to have

~& can i be the only one to save

he doont have money so we live on mydisablity beffits

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

It's at the discretion of the UKBA. I would not make an application without giving them evidence that he will be able to work when he gets here because this reduces the likelihood of a visa being granted to him. You do not necessarily have to show that he has a job, just that he can get a job once he's here.

Show them that there are jobs here which he could apply for a work to earn a living and hopefully they will take this as evidence that you will not require public funds.

Hope this clarifies.

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer