Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

my husband is in a lot of det and said if he closes down ,

my husband is in a lot of det and said if he closes down , the loans he has is under his name thay will take my house . the house is in my name only ,the bank he said is because he is the bread winner.he has a small company three workers the loans were to keep the compeny going things are bad
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If the house in your sole name and you did not enter in to the loans or guarantee them then they will not be able to enforce the debt against your house; it is safe. You husband debts are his own and they can only seek to claim the monies owed against his assets. If he is not named on the registered title to the property ten it is not an asset of his.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time.It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom o

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about the bank account undes both names
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

I would transfer any money held in that account in to an account in your name. It would then be unlikely that they will be able to claim it.

I hope this clarifies, if so please kindly click accept.

Tom