Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i have romainian girlfriend who wants to coem live with me

i have romainian girlfriend who wants to coem live with me in uk i am british citizen with good stable job what would she need to coem live here with me
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

She does not need a visa to come here and study provided she can support herself without becoming an unreasonable burden on public funds.

If she wishes to work here during her period of study then she may do so for ten hours a week but would need to apply for a worker registration certificate to confirm that she is a student. She would have to obtain this by completing Form BR1 once she is here and it is free to download form the UKBA website.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Thanks for your question.