Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I OWN MY PROPERTY AND THE DEEDS SAY I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE

I OWN MY PROPERTY AND THE DEEDS SAY I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FENCES TO THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE PROPERTY.
I HAVE PUT UP WOODED FENCING WITH GRAVEL BOARDS TO THE FRONT AND REAR OF MY PROPERTY IS THERE A RESTRICTION TO THE HEIGHT I CAN HAVE, THEY ARE 5FT TALL.
REGARDS
[email protected]

Thanks for your question.

You should check with your local planning authority discreetly to make sure, but it's difficult to envisage a situation in which they would call that a breach of their planning policy.

If your next door neighbour had a right to uninterrupted light exercisable over your property then they could restrict high walls.fencing but, again, it's very difficult to see how they could enforce that right against a 5 ft high fence.

You are, in all probability, absolutely fine.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom