Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

what sort of money will a solicitor charge for being executor

what sort of money will a solicitor charge for being executor of a will ?

Thanks for your question.

If you are talking about the administration of your father's estate then it depends almost entirely on the complexity of the asset he held at the date of his death.

If relatively simple (property, bank accounts, insurance policies) then you will probably be looking at somewhere between £2,000.00-4,0000.00 but it really does depend on the assets and the time taken to realise the assets.

A solicitor will do it on an hourly rate, you can try to pin them down to a fixed fee but they will want to see an estimation of your father's assets before they agree.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,