Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Can my Indian boyfriend get a holiday Visa and marry me when

Can my Indian boyfriend get a holiday Visa and marry me when he is over here in the u.k. Does her have to be over here for a specific time

Thanks for your question.

If you are a British national then the best way forward is for your fiance to apply for a fiance Visa from India so that you can come here to marry.

You must show that:

• you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually six months)
  • you plan to live together permanently after you are married or have registered a civil partnership
  • you have met each other before
  • there is somewhere for you and your dependents to live until you get married or register a civil partnership, and you will be able to live without help from public funds,
  • you and your dependants can be supported without working or claiming any help from public funds,
  • your fiancé(e) is not under 21, and
  • you are not under 21 at the date of arrival in the UK.

He will be allowed to stay in the UK for six months but without permission to work. He should contact the British embassy in India to ask for the correct forms.

Once you are married here you will be able to apply for a spouse visa which is a form of settlement so you will have to apply using for SET(M).

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I am rewarded for my time. It will be graftefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom