Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

i would like to know when do you stop paying csa payments my

i would like to know when do you stop paying csa payments my daughter is seventeen 18 in may next year she is at college at the moment do i have to keep paying till she is 18,19,or 20 please let me know after college she is going to have a year out then hopefully she will start uni and also will the csa let you know when they will stop the payments or are you forgot about
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.

hi

you have to pay so long as she is under 19 and in full time secondary education - so if she finishes college next june then you will have to pay until september and then you can stop

claire

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
as the csa take my money before i get my wages each week will they know when to stop the payments or will i have to let them know i can see this as being a right mess trying to get them to stop the payments on time
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.

hi

it would be sensible to write and notify them of the position about a month before she leaves college - gives them a chance to sort things out

claire